Thursday, March 18, 2021

Why am I writing here.

 


Some time ago I've found a blog created by some Latino man of my age. 

If You know why my blog is titled as it is, You probably know I am talking about Mario Alejandro Montano.

He was like me. In some aspects really similar, in some identical. He was the one I think it would be hard to find someone more similar. I haven't found anyone more. 

Maybe if we could meet, things would be different, but we did not. 

He threw himself into the lake a year before I've found out about him. His blog is actually removed from the original site, but You can access its archived form. The link is at the very end of my previous post.

I have fallen in love with him. In some sense and to some extent. 

I am less intelligent and less psychotic than Him. 

But if I commit suicide, my thoughts can be important to someone, and if it would make superintelligence to be created earlier, it is definitely worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. I first discovered Mario's YouTube channel during November 2018, back when his channel only had roughly 70 subscribers. I knew him for slightly over a year, and spoke with him multiple times when he was alive.

    Throughout 2019, I made a serious attempt to popularize his channel and blog as much as possible. I frequently posted links to his videos and blogposts on 4chan and various other websites. I may be the reason why you discovered him in the first place. I did this as a sort of experiment to test whether suicide is rational. If he eventually killed himself, so I thought, this would be evidence that suicide is rational. If the people viewing his blog managed to convince him not to kill himself, this would be evidence that suicide is irrational.

    For many years, I was of the opinion that suicide is irrational, simply due to the fact that I was a transhumanist. If I managed to reach longevity escape velocity or if cryonics works, so I thought, and if posthuman civilization eventually reached David Pearce's Triple-S civilization of superlongevity, superintelligence, and superhappiness, enduring a century of suffering would be well worth spending an eternity or near-eternity in paradise. Yet for a variety of reasons, I have come to doubt this worldview. One reason for this is because I assumed that Closed Individualism was true, which I have now come to doubt. Another reason for this is the possibility of S-risks, or risks of astronomical suffering.

    If you kill yourself, I suggest donating whatever remaining money you have to the Center for Reducing Suffering and to the Center on Long-Term Risk. These organizations are doing research in order to reduce S-risks. Trying to reduce S-risks may be our single best chance of avoiding the risk of eternal hell.

    Regarding Mario's blog, it's still up as a WordPress site. The original domain name expired, but the actual content of the site hasn't been taken down.

    https://vitrifyher.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

ALL I CRAVE IS EXTINCTION. How (not) to end all life.

EDIT: I was wrong. We have much more than one galaxy group to sterilize. Because of that mistake, I'll do a separate material about ...